Team Nanmai is pleased to organise its 15thAnnual Blood donation camp on 03rd March 2019, Sunday at M.G.R Higher Sec School, 25A/6, 4th Street, Dr. Subburayan Nagar, Kodambakkam, Chennai-600024 (opp to A. R. Rahman home/ Near Samiyar Mutt).
You are specially invited to the Annual blood donation camp and requesting your participation to make the camp a successful event. Please cascade this information to your near and dear for their participation and also to create awareness about the importance of blood donation and how it saves lives.
Blood Donation Benefits
- Reduce risk of heart attacks.
- Prevent liver damage.
- Stimulate corpuscle.
- Reducing the risk of hemochromatosis.
- Reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Lower risk of cancer.
- Lowering cholesterol.
- Accelerate the wound healing process.
- Maintain weight.
- Prevent premature aging.
Eligibility for blood donation
- Age – 18 to 60 years.
- Weight – above 45 kg.
- Haemoglobin – above 12.5g (We will be checking this at the time of donation).
- No malaria, jaundice or typhoid or any major surgery in the last 12 months.
- No medication 72 hrs prior to donation. Those on medication for diabetes or hypertension cannot donate.
- A proper breakfast / lunch before donation.
Who can donate to whom
|If your blood type is:||You can give to:||You can receive from:|
|O Positive||O+, A+, B+, AB+||O+, O-|
|A Positive||A+, AB+||A+, A-, O+, O-|
|B Positive||B+, AB+||B+, B-, O+, O-|
|AB Positive||AB+ Only||All blood types|
|O Negative||All blood types||O- Only|
|A Negative||A-, A+, AB-, AB+||A-, O-|
|B Negative||B-, B+, AB-, AB+||B-, O-|
|AB Negative||AB-, AB+||AB-, A-, B-, O-|
Here’s what you do for donating blood
- Have a good meal and lot of fluids before you donate blood.
- You will be asked a few questions about your health, previous blood donation history (if any) and will be given a form to fill up.
- All information you provide is confidential and will not be made available to any agency or authority.
- You will undergo a medical examination including height, weight, blood pressure and hemoglobin to ensure that you are healthy enough to donate blood.
- Donor safety is as important as blood safety. If found fit, you can donate blood.
- You will not develop any disease through blood donation.
- It takes about 10 minutes to donate blood – less than the time an average telephone call takes.
Why is blood required?
Many lifesaving medical treatments require blood transfusions. What and how many blood products are given to a patient will depend on his or her individual needs. Some of the patients in need of blood transfusion:
- Victims of traumatic injuries and accidents.
- Leukemia patients.
- Burn patients.
- Those receiving organ or bone marrow transplants.
- Premature babies.
- Cancer patients.
- Patients undergoing certain surgeries.